Thursday, April 3, 2014

Let's try this again...

Well...let's try this again.  Started blogging awhile back but was never consistent...probably an indictment on my crazy lifestyle.  But...feel likes it's time to start again.  So...a new intro.

I chose this title because I'm not your typical candidate to be doing what I do.  So, I'm on the other side of "typical".  I pastor youth and arts (worship, dance, art, etc.) at a fairly large church in Guatemala.  So what makes this not typical?  I'm a 58 yr. old mother of 6, grandmother of 20...not your typical youth leader.  I think of my life as a prophetic statement...as much to my generation as it is to the next.  My body is aging, but my heart is young.  I feel the need to release a generation on one hand, and with the other to mother/father them.  I feel caught in the middle of a transition that the church desperately needs to make but doesn't know how to.  So I model something different in the church from the aspect of leadership:  I spend my energies raising up a new generation of leaders and releasing them to learn, to grow, make mistakes, and grow some more.

More thoughts on this to come...


No comments: